Our end of month debt payment check in.
Total = $2593
This payment was made up of:
- Monthly minimum payment
- Side hustle income
The month started off very shaky, a lot of money went towards covering medical expenses. We also did some damage eating out, to the tune of $420. We were still able to contribute a good amount to debt but we need to do better.
In order to be debt free by December 2019, we have to pay at least $3500 monthly to debt. Seems pretty impossible right now but we’re trying.
1) Debt balance below $27,000 – 👍🏾 we were so close 🙄, current balance is $27,020.
2) Stay below $300 fun money 👎🏾 – this was a big fail. Our stove changed from an appliance to an ornament in April, being sick and cooking just don’t mesh well. The eat out bill came in at a whopping $599. Just ridiculous!
3) Start a summer sinking fund 👎🏾 – we are having a hard time with sinking funds because we are in debt free tunnel vision mode and cannot wrap my mind around taking money to do anything else but pay debt.. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe we will just cash flow summer expenses 🤷🏾♀️
4) Complete at least 15 no spend days 👎🏾 – ughhh the shame 🤦🏾♀️. We had 3 single no spend days for the entire month.
5) Host our 1st workshop – it was planned, we were ready, but illness said nope, not today. We have rescheduled for May 11 and look forward to seeing you there.
All in all, this month was a big 🥚. We are on the road to recovery and look forward to the goodness that May has in store.